A life-long resident of the tri-county area, Taylor has a diverse litigation practice including healthcare, employment, personal injury, business disputes, and appeals. Taylor’s appellate practice includes a wide range of appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the Mississippi Supreme Court, and Mississippi Court of Appeals, as well as administrative appeals to Mississippi’s circuit courts. Taylor also advises clients in the healthcare industry regarding state and federal healthcare regulations. These clients include Federally Qualified Health Centers, providers of mental health services, and home health agencies.
Prior to joining Heilman Law Group, Taylor served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable George C. Carlson, Jr., of the Mississippi Supreme Court.
- Juris Doctor, summa cum laude – Mississippi College School of Law
- Executive Editor, Mississippi College Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- Bachelor of Arts, English – Mississippi State University
- Masters, English – Mississippi State University
- Mississippi Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of Mississippi
Honors & Awards:
- Rising Star (2014) – Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Mississippi Paralegal Association, Inc. Fall Seminar and Vendor Fair (2014) – Writing the Grammatically Correct Brief
Taylor Polk – 5.0 stars – Posted by Cliff on Mar 15, 2014
Taylor Polk is a young attorney who is very thoughtful and personable – Not qualities that most lay people, like me, associate with lawyers. In my case he did the research and got the job done in an efficient manner and completed the process in a few months that had been sitting on others desks for many years. He kept me informed the entire way, answered or returned all calls and emails and was very attentive to any of my concerns.
- William H. Graham, III v. PREA Real Estate Affiliates, Circuit Court of Desoto County, et al., Cause No. 2008-0109 (summary judgment granted in favor of franchisor)
- United States v. Shoemaker, 746 F.3d 614 (5th Cir. 2014) (healthcare fraud)
- Som v. Bd. of Trustees of Natchez Regional Medical Center, 90 So. 3d 500 (Miss. Ct. App. 2012) (revocation of physician privileges)
- 5K Farms v. The Mississippi State Tax Commission, 94 So. 3d 221 (Miss. 2012)