The Heilman Law Group is a firm known for listening to our clients’ specific needs and for having intimate knowledge of their industries which creates an environment ripe for successful outcomes
A Different Perspective
The Heilman Law Group’s approach to litigation is to get directly to the core of the issues. We identify them, act upon them, and resolve them with an orchestrated approach which relieves the stress and injects the confidence necessary to achieve success. This occurs from the first moment we meet you. In all cases, you are represented by a friend and colleague, not just a firm of lawyers.
Protecting Your Rights and Solving Your Legal Problems Effectively
The Heilman Law group is committed to providing exceptional legal guidance and representation to all of our clients, with emphasis in the following practice areas:
- Healthcare Litigation: Are you a health care provider who is facing Medicare or Medicaid audits? Are you in need of assistance with implementing policies to protect patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations? We assist all types of providers, and we are equipped to work with Mississippi’s rural health care clinics to navigate all types of obstacles related to Medicare and Medicaid requirements as well as reimbursement problems. We can help you.
- Whistle Blower and Qui Tam Litigation: If you have witnessed Medicare or Medicaid fraud, defense contractor fraud, or other instances of fraud that have a financial impact on the government, you may be able to file a Qui Tam or whistleblower’s claim. The government rewards whistleblowers who help to recover fraudulently obtained funds. Whistle blower cases, however, can be complex and involve specific procedures. The lawyers at Heilman Law Group can protect your rights and provide you with a roadmap forward.
- Non-Compete Covenants and Unfair Competition: Protect your business with a non-compete covenant that meets legal requirements to be enforceable. A well-crafted non-compete covenant can be a powerful tool to protect your business, your clients, and your trade secrets. However, courts may not always enforce poorly-crafted non-compete covenants. The lawyers at Heilman Law Group can craft a strong enforceable non-compete covenant. We also can help individuals who are in need of assistance in evaluating whether they are bound by the terms of a non-compete agreement they have entered with their employer. Our firm handles a range of employment law issues, including matters relating to non-compete covenants. Contact us if you need assistance protecting your business interests.
- Personal Injury: If you’ve been hurt in a car or eighteen-wheeler collision, slip and fall accident, or due to another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive money to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our lawyers can work with insurance adjusters and other stakeholders to help you get the maximum compensation permitted under the law. And if necessary, Heilman Law Group is not afraid to take your case to trial to maximize your recovery.
- Commercial Litigation: We handle a range of commercial law matters, from partnerships to contract review to commercial lending disputes. We can also assist you if you have questions regarding hiring laws or other local and federal business regulations.
- Nursing Home Litigation: If your loved one has been injured in a nursing home, you may be entitled to receive compensation to cover injury and losses. Our firm works with families to hold nursing homes accountable for their negligence.
- Insurance Coverage Disputes and Bad Faith: Are you are having trouble speaking to insurance adjusters or your insurance company? If your insurance claim has been denied or delayed, we may be able to help you. In certain circumstances, an insurance company’s wrongful denial of your insurance claim may warrant punitive damages. Heilman Law Group consists of lawyers who specialize in insurance matters and will fight for your rights. We can help you.
- Wrongful Termination: If you’ve been fired due to discrimination, as a result of sexual harassment, or out of retaliation for whistleblowing, you may be entitled to receive severance pay along with significant damages under Title VII or state law. We work with individuals who have been wrongfully terminated to protect their rights under the law.
- Arbitration: We can help you resolve your legal disputes in private and outside of court, when possible.
- Workers’ Compensation: If you’ve been injured on the job, you may be entitled to worker’s compensation benefits. We can help you if you are having trouble making a worker’s compensation claim.
- Disability: We can help you file for disability or appeal your denied disability claim. If you’ve been disabled in an accident, you also may be entitled to compensation from a range of stakeholders.
- Appeals: Heilman Law Group maintains a long track record of successfully handling appeals to both state and federal courts, including appeals in a variety of states. If you have experienced a bad outcome with your lawsuit and would like to speak with an attorney regarding your appeal rights, call us. We can help you.
Call 601-914-1025 today to schedule your consultation.